PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2020, 10:25
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vokes55
I don’t think you get it. If you, and by you I mean you and every other risk averse coronaphobe, don’t feel safe then don’t get on an aircraft. Then everybody else who is willing to take that risk or doesn’t care can get on the aircraft and carry on with their life as usual. Everyone who gets on that aircraft accepts that ‘risk’.

Copy and paste the same for every element of life. You can feel all warm and safe in your own home, whilst the majority of people who just want to return to normality and take that risk can carry on as usual. If I, or anybody else who is happy to accept that risk, contracts coronavirus and dies, so be it.

You seem to be surprised by the fact that some people don’t mind risk. Some people climb mountains, some people jump out of aircraft, some people even choose to get on an aircraft during a so-called pandemic. Just because you’re scared witless, doesn’t mean everyone else is. I could sit next to somebody eating kettle chips, in the same way I could share the road with a drunk driver on a Saturday night. It’s not going to stop me driving on a Saturday night.

Oh and by the way, I don’t want a holiday, I want to keep my job. Given your anti-flying rhetoric, you may have failed to notice that this is a “Professional pilots” forum, and whilst I’ve long since accepted that it’s more of a spotters forum these days, you can’t be surprised that people disagree with your view here.
Good post

In a newspaper the other day and elderly journalist said "Sure Covid-19 may eventually kill me, but let me enjoy and lead my life until it does"