PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 Harris, the final shafting
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2020, 00:08
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If this gets out and given the number of wealthy parents with their offspring on these courses it presumably will, I don't see how anyone could consider enrolling on an MPL programme that isn't fully funded by an airline up-front. Given the delays and other problems associated with the training school in question and now this, surely any prospective students won't be handing over their money. The sort of people who can afford the training (or their parents in many cases) are presumably intelligent people who, after seeing in the media rows of empty aeroplanes parked up, will conduct due dilligence far beyond sick presentations, shiny brochures and lots of pens. Many of these people are likely lawyers, doctors and auditors who spend their entire working lives dealing with the small details. Do these traits not follow them home from the office?

I heard that BA in the early 90's had a lot of cadets they couldn't offer immediate RHS jobs to due to the recession and Gulf War, those cadets were offered other roles in the company until a flying position was available. I don't even work in the aviation industry, yet it seems the changes over the past 25 years or so have been dire for European flight crews.

Surely, the MPL has to be finished after Flybe and now Covid-19, even a programme fully funded by an airline is a bit of a punt for a candidate that is currently in a good career elsewhere, particularly one with a difficult re-entry process.