PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 shaking at high speed (But within green arc)
Old 24th Sep 2020, 23:48
JimEli

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by aa777888
They did get the total number of accidents correct as they matched with the NTSB database. But the fleet hour data is suspect. Those of us in the US know what a crappy job owners and operators do with the annual FAA operations survey. Many, perhaps most, simply get thrown right in the trash. I've spoken to several people at the FAA. Nobody has been able to give me a breakdown, by aircraft model number, yearly operating hours, of the data they do have. And they do have data, but it's currently only available (to me, anyway) broken down by type of operation or industry sector, not by helicopter type or model number. Short of a formal FOIA request, I've thrown in the towel on ever getting good fleet hour data. However, I would love to be hooked up with the right person at the FAA who could supply those numbers. If anyone's got a contact there please PM me.
I'm curious, how would the FAA have fleet hours ("...by aircraft model number, yearly operating hours")?