PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi’s dirty game against its pilots
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2020, 13:59
Easy Peasy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissChief

I’m a foreign and non-Muslim pilot and I quite enjoyed my better part of a decade in Saudi Arabia. If you embrace the culture a little and stop grumbling about the job you missed out on back home a lot can be learned. I made far more money in KSA then I now make in my own country.

The Saudis made a plan some years back to eliminate their dependance on foreign help. They didn’t make a secret of it. It is their airline and they can do with as they wish. To complain that they followed through on their plan seems a bit self centered. Perhaps the powers should be praised for executing the game plan. Sitting around wishing that this wasn’t going to happen seemed a bad plan to me so I resigned and found another job. There is no need for hard feelings, life is short.

If having a wine or beer in public is your biggest gripe with Saudi Arabia, once again they make no secret of this. Why take the job? I personally had no issues finding a cold beer or a fine glass of wine, it just wasn’t done publicly.