PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi’s dirty game against its pilots
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2020, 07:59
Sal380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You sound like one of those disgruntled expats who get flunked during induction process, or perhaps who came for up-grades but that didn't materialise. Once again you are wrong? I wasn't amongst a handful of expatriate pilots who stuck around long years in Saudia I was amongst many of them, the early generation American/European Pilots stuck around in Saudia for over 30 years, even more, their entire flying career was groomed in Saudia and when time came to leave; I have seen tears in their eyes.

one particular American pilot friend of mine told me, that he knew of no other home and his three kids were born in Saudi city and they all keep coming back, he wished Saudia Arabia would gave permanent residency to those retired pilots who wanted to stay back. As for myself I have no complaint against Saudia, One of my friends who is still in Saudia for last 33 years is coming up for retirement, I would call him the last of the old Expat pilots generation coming to a close, he also is leaving with a heavy heart, It may be a hell hole for you? but for the like of him and me it was the best Airline in the world, but then again we are Muslim Expatriate pilots and for us Saudia Arabis has two of our sacred most holy places and that has its own attraction and dynamic. Good day and Salam