PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2020, 14:41
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Businesses show no intention of sending people flying for work, summer holiday season in Europe is coming to a close, people seem to have little desire to fly long-haul at the moment after seeing what happened in March, and all the quarantine/restricted entry rules around the world (not just the UK) make travelling difficult
It pains me to say it... but I think Govt in the UK has decided that aviation may have to be sacrificed to some extent in the interests of the rest of the economy - the message from Govt seems to be one of "accept the current restrictions or they will become more strict later"

I thought today's announcements might have included something more severe on flying - I think the travel industry got off lightly with the only real new burden being that people who are meant to self-isolate for 14 days on return to the UK will get penalised more severely if they ignore the rules

It's a difficult story to sell to Joe Bloggs - that people should be able to go off to Spain when he can't have his family visit him at home. Joe Bloggs doesn't really care if the local TUI shop nearby closes and some holiday reps lose their jobs