PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do you keep pushing?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2020, 14:26
plotplot

Received 34 Likes on 5 Posts
Some great contributions here thanks everyone.

Another good series similar to that one I enjoyed watching was Dangerous Flights, documentary about ferry pilots in the US. Completely over-dramatized but still some good content.

After a lot of reflection this week I'm beginning to feel it's more of an issue with the company draining the life out of not just me but my colleagues as well. And I'd say this is a pretty common story across the board.

Before Covid we we were tired, overworked and underpaid but still living off the idea that we'd be onto better things in a short period of time. Now we're tired, overworked and underpaid with no end in sight. But it's all about perspective in the end. I have actually made some amazing memories and have done and seen a lot of things most people will never see in their lives, and made some lifelong friends along the way. And I don't regret it. But I do think I will regret it if I walk away. Me from four years ago would be giving current me an uppercut right now for even considering leaving. All I could think about then was being where I am now.

Allowing the bean counters to suck the joy out of the flying and make you see it as just a job is a part of the issue. So each time I fly I try to stop and smell the roses for a second, even if it is for a fleeting moment taking in the view and trying to remember why I was there in the first place.

One thing is guaranteed is that it will go from famine to feast again. So until it does I'll do my best to try and enjoy the ride.