PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help for Heroes struggling
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2020, 16:50
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 110 Likes on 77 Posts
More than a touch of irony when Beagle suggests Daily Mail histrionics ..........and proceeds to emulate said rag thereafter.

The letter needs no clarification as to how dire the situation is becoming for H4H and frankly, the CEO should be commended for her openness...( unlike many politicians and other CEO's I am sure we can all think of ).

H4h has risen to significant prominence since the origins, and justifiably so, appearing at many events every year. Herein lies a teensy problem in terms of revenue generation....there ain't been any events.

Obviously, they have, presumably, multiple revenue sources, but, as the well know saying goes "every little helps ".

They are facing the same dilemmas as every charity therefore . Whom we donate to is our private business, but I will say we support a local hospice who have retail outlets, and a warehouse. The footfall in the warehouse has diminished markedly since March....quelle surprise ! plus they now have to quarantine donated items...which is more time, and, invariably, voluntary labour being used. The same applies to other charities operating on similar, very tight, margins.

The above is intended to illustrate just how badly affected the charity sector has been by the pandemic and subsequent reactions to contain the virus.

So there was no "scaremongering " only the cold, hard, simple economic facts of life presented with, as I say, commendable clarity.