PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do you keep pushing?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2020, 23:03
dontgive2FACs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does sound a lot like you’re frustrated which is very understandable given the uncertainty of the industry (and life generally at the moment!).

Many good points have been made here already So no need to add too much.

I would encourage you to do what your gut is telling you. Aviation is cyclical. There will be a peak again, followed by a trough.

Personally I think the narrative of ‘do something you love and you’ll never work a day in your life’ is very rare in long-term employees. Most passions, that turn into a profession, become cumbersome jobs. It’s human nature.

Even at ‘the top’ your gripes won’t get any better. Whatever flying job/rank you hold now, you’re going to be there for a while (5-10 years perhaps with the surplus of pilots). I strongly agree with others that if you are not enjoying the industry at this point in your career now, it is a great chance to get out.

Once it all bubbles-out, everyone wants the best lifestyle for their family trade-off for money. Do whatever gives you this in the long term.

All it takes is for some grief to appear in your life and the important things (family, security and true friends) will quickly become clear.

All the best.

Last edited by dontgive2FACs; 17th Sep 2020 at 04:57.