PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2020, 20:55
alfaman

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
ATC Jobs

Originally Posted by djblu1980
I believe the majority of TATCs at CTC are training for AC are they not? Unless the individual wanted to move out of the UK then they are going to struggle to find an ANSP that requires their student license. I think it's simply that they do not expect to have a space to train them with the levels of predicted traffic. This news will hit every controller as they know how it feels to go through the system and the realisation that there is another **** storm on the horizon. To have the rug pulled from underneath you at the early stage of your career is abhorrent.

I do hope it all works out for everybody concerned. I know it's little consolation however the RAF and Navy are desperately short of ATCOs.

I have an email address for a recruiter if anybody wishing to ask any questions requires any information.
The student licence is issued on successful completion of the rating course, so none of those leaving will have one. It's a dreadful situation, but none of the options, realistic or otherwise, are any better, unfortunately; the traffic & the training availability simply isn't there.