PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seizure causes.
Thread: Seizure causes.
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2020, 17:11
Radgirl

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Some very sensible responses. I agree hypos and vasovagals are likely - you cant eliminate a vasovagal by any test, the tests pick up specific issues that make them MORE likely. I wouldnt go down the road of rare or controversial diagnoses because the regulator doesnt believe in them and they wont get you flying

I would like to know about the 'healthcare professional' who witnessed it. If he was a consultant neurologist used to appearing as an expert witness in court I would give more credibility than a boy scout with a first aid badge. Standing for a minute unconscious with clonic activity would be a first unless you were held up in which case it might merely be a vasovagal, the inability to fall flat, and poor cerebral blood flow.....Was it really a 20 minute loss of consciousness? If so I would expect you to have had an immediate CT or MRI and cardiac work up on arrival in hospital.....you need to exclude electrophysiological pathology such as WPW so a cardiologist needs to have seen your ECG. If this didnt happen, I would ask for your medical notes - what was the admitting doctor told???? did anyone else see the event and what do they recall???? Why wasnt it taken more seriously? A and E departments usually over diagnose, not under diagnose severity.....

You need to gather more evidence. In the absence of any pathology the cleverest doctor in the world cant help because he can only prove to the regulator what isnt wrong...

Happy to receive PMs