PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilatus pc12- how short is too short a field?
Old 13th Sep 2020, 15:24
nosefirsteverytime

PPRuNe Engineering Dept Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyMD
Seal level and ISA, you can take 10‘000lbs off for a take-off distance 699 meters, which is just 400lbs shy of max gross on a PC12 NGX. Mind you this is total take-off distance over the required screen height NCO.... if your rules make you consider accelerate-and-stop, then you need to unload a few hundred pounds... by the way the PC-12 performance calculator, based on the certified AFM, is available for download in the app store, or refer to www.pilatus-aircraft.com.
thanks for that, very detailed app as I can see, though I think my maths is a bit rusty....

Originally Posted by fitliker
What ground run is required ?
What obstacles are near ?
Day or Night ?
Vasis or Papi's ?
Minimum ground run operations require extreme prejudice and discipline .
Let your guard down and you could be chewing trees and rocks .
I will not let the FO land on short strips until they have proven that they can land the aircraft with precision on the chosen practice spot on a normal runway first . Practice makes it easy .
Train hard , fight easy .
The good news is the crowd that have the PC 12, the Irish Air Corps, are military, so they’re all about that kind of training. As professional a set of aviators as you can get in Ireland.