PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will you ever go back to Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2020, 01:49
Xeptu

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by pithblot
G’day Chris,

It’s ok to be “at a loss” in these crazy times. I can understand the feeling, but don’t go talking yourself down or buy into the gloom, doom and hysteria that is everywhere today. If you follow that path then you likely won’t be in a position to jump at opportunities when they finally do open up.

Yes, times have changed and you’ve got a big debt, but you do have prospects and something to look forward to.

You’ve got age on your side, health and proven skills/abilities. It may be that you don’t end up flying for a while - that’s disappointing, but not the end of the world. I suggest you prioritise your health/fitness and an income that is not flying to knock that debt over. Make it a challenge. You are not defined by being a pilot. Keep your finger on the aviation pulse but get comfortable hitting the pause button on your log book. Life is good. Don’t forget it.

All the best.

pithblot

FWIW
Will I ever go back to aviation? Yeah/nah. I’m pretty happy to rule a line under my last log book entry in March after 42 years in the game. I’ve had a great time, lots of ups and downs so-to-speak. It’s been the best job in the world and the worst career. But flying being what flying is, someone might just wheel out a PC24 for me to play with; or a glider. So I’ll rule the log book line in pencil, just for the moment
The B200 does nicely so long as it's all glass and has all the goodies in it