PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 7th Sep 2020, 23:13
glenb

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts
No response from the CASA Board and insurer. A quick follow up

Dear Mr. Anthony Mathews, Chairperson of the Board of CASA. I am following up on my correspondence sent to you on 22/08/20 and reattached below. I was hoping to have received a reply from you by Friday 4th September, noting that date has now passed.

Therefore could I respectfully request a response as to CASAs chosen path forward. i.e. Has the Board of CASA in conjunction with CASAs insurer elected to meet in a well-intentioned manner, or has CASA chosen to have this matter pursued through litigation.

It's a fairly straightforward question, and I feel that you should reasonably be able to advise me of your decision.

Thank you in anticipation of your response.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley

"22/08/20

To the Board of CASA, comprising the following Individuals

Mr. Anthony Mathews (Chairperson), Mr. Shane Carmody (CEO of CASA), Mr. Mark Rindfleish, Mr. Michael Bridge, Ms. Donna Hardman, Ms. Elizabeth Hallet, and Ms. Marilyn Andre. In your roles, you are responsible for ensuring that CASA performs its role in a "proper, efficient, and effective manner."

You will be fully aware of the significant allegations I have bought against CASA Employees;

1. Mr. Jonathan Aleck CASA Executive Manager of Legal, International, and Regulatory Affairs
  2. Mr. Graeme Crawford, CASA Executive Manager of the Aviation Group,
  3. Mr. Craig Martin, CASA Executive Manager of Regulatory Services and Surveillance.
The conduct of these gentlemen in my opinion has been unlawful, unfair, and unjust, and has brought enormous economic harm to me, my family, and other individuals, aeroclubs, and businesses.

I have had discussions with a number of legal firms, and I am confident that I have a valid basis for a claim against CASA on behalf of affected Parties, and it appears that case would be based around misfeasance, malfeasance and negligent misstatement

I am now at a point in this process where I need to clearly ascertain whether I proceed with my legal case or, do we arrive at a mutually agreeable resolution with a less combative approach. The latter clearly being my preferred option.

Should you choose the path of litigation, I need to be very clear that once that journey commences, the opportunity for a negotiated settlement is lost, and I will pursue my matter through to a legal determination. A determination will provide me, and industry with a

The purpose of this correspondence is to seek a very clear direction from the Board of CASA, in conjunction with your insurance company being Comminsure.

The more combative approach will be the more costly, divert valuable CASA resources from primary tasks, and expose CASA to a far higher level of public scrutiny. In my opinion, it should be an unnecessary approach, but that decision now rests with the CASA Board.

As you are aware i have made repeated attempts to resolve this matter, but until this point, the Board has resolutely refused those offers. I am now calling on you to make your decision and advise me of that decision.

As the Board already has the facts in front of them, I anticipate that you should be able to arrive at a prompt and well-considered opinion.

Could you please advise me by 5 PM on Friday 4th September of the Board's decision.

In assisting you to arrive at your decision, I re-extend my offer to meet with the Board at any time prior to that date.

Yours respectfully, Glen Buckley"