PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 4th Sep 2020, 09:27
Ducksnuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why on earth is Telfer trying to blame Aipa for this? Seriously, if anyone this time a year ago could have seen how things would be now, then yes they would have been aiming to do what you think they should have done with regards to the EBA.

So Telfer, when something happens in an aircraft that a non-normal procedure hasn't been written for, are you going to deal with it in a logical and common sense matter, or sit back and whine that there should be a written procedure, and you are going to blame someone? Ignore the problem and just whine?

I know exactly the risk of CR and being re-employed. I made my decision on the way forward for what is best for me. The CR payout would offset future losses to some extent. Nobody is going to be a winner through all of this, but each of us has to do what is best for our own individual circumstances. The decision you, I, or Donald Duck make, is not the same decision everyone else has to subscribe to.

And of all the other airlines I know outside of Aust, the minimum any group of my friends is getting is 50% of their pay while they are not working. So yes, they accepted a 50% cut, but still get a truckload more than I do in their monthly pay. If their companies had the same clause for stand down available, they would be getting the same as us.

I am sick of a couple of people here who have nothing better than to try and turn this into union bashing, fleet bashing, rank bashing, age bashing, or beat up on the guy who may be one more number senior to you. Through all of this, it's time to look out for your mates. Not try to turn them against each other.