PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 4th Sep 2020, 07:19
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Telfer86
The talk is "quite premature" to be speculating , well I would have to say that is a very unusual comment to make

QF management have the right to have another plan & start CR from next week, all other steps required prior to CR have now
been done. Someone senior is thinking about what AC & ANZ did
I don’t know about AC (Air China? Air Canada?) but Air New Zealand can NOT stand down crew the way that Qantas has. It’s a very different IR environment which is why they pulled the trigger on CR so quickly. If you’re half as good as you make out to be then you already know this. Or you don’t know it and you’re not half as good as you make out to be.

QF have said repeatedly that they’re not planning on CR. They’ve said repeatedly that they’re focusing on the VR, ER, LWOP and EA variations as to how to manage the surplus now and into the future.

Could they be blind siding the pilot group? Sure. Could there be a meteor hurtling toward earth? Sure. Both are about the same probability. Particularly when the VR is unlikely to have been finalised within that time frame also and is a necessary first step to have resolved prior to CR.

I also know that the main focus in Flight Ops at the moment is dealing with the VR, ER, LWOP and EA issues that that no one is even considering CR until after these other issues are dealt with.

My recommendation for any Qantas pilot is to take crosscutter’s advice and use the ‘ignore’ function for Telfer. In post after post they’ve pursued a singular line of argument that is quite ignorant of what is actually happening within the airline. Their motivation? Who freaking knows. From here on though they’ll be pushing their crap at one less person.