Thread: 3rd Wave @WY
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2020, 04:07
Farrell
The Cooler King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Oman Air won’t be happy until every expat has left."

That's categorically untrue.
I've listened to all this drivel for weeks now.
There are guys at Oman Air and in other aviation sectors within Oman who have been here for years and share very harmonious relationships with their Omani hosts.

I for one have been here knocking on fifteen years, and never once have I had the impression that my job was at risk because of where I came from.
This 'us vs. them' mentality is tiring.

Apart from (same as everywhere) a few misguided / immature people, locals in our sector don't care where you come from as long as you can do the job properly, and deal with 'What to do, yanni'.

And when you are no longer required (as for any project where you are an employee or a contractor) you get let go.
If you can't deal with the cut and thrust of employment, then start your own nine figure airline business, and we will see how benevolent you are when the proverbial hits the fan blades.

I've sat in on meetings over the last few months that have involved various entities within the larger Oman aviation / transport sector and they have tried everything to lengthen the timeline of when folks need to be let go.

Helmet on now, but seriously...
Your job is on-hold. It's their right to terminate you if the business, or lack of it, requires.
Any contractual grief you come across should not be a surprise to you, as PPrune has been around long enough for you to read how it works over here before you left wherever it is you were before coming.

Put the experience in your pocket. Go home. Start looking for other work.
Whining about it is useless.

Last edited by Farrell; 2nd Sep 2020 at 09:42.