PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Squadron Leader Tony Cunnane
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2020, 21:47
Nige321

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tankertrashnav
A few months back I heard from an ex 214 contact that Tony Cunnane had died earlier on this year, possibly in January, but he could not confirm it. Since then I have contacted a number of mutual acquaintances from 214 to see if they could confirm this, but nobody had heard anything. Tony was a familiar face on Victor K1 tankers, first of all as a squadron captain and later as OC the Victor Group Standardisation Unit. He subsequently became the PRO for the Red Arrows, a job he did for about ten years (possibly in an RO post). In retirement he lived in the Leeds/Sheffield area.

When I heard the news I tried Tony's email address but my email bounced back immediately as "addressee unknown". More surprisingly I could not get onto his excellent website, which had many tales not only from his years on tankers, but also from when he was a QFI in Pakistan, etc. I was surprised at the speed at which his website disappeared - in my experience some websites hang around for years online after their owners are deceased.

I would be grateful if anyone has definite confirmation of this sad news they could post the information on here, or contact me by PM, if preferred. Thanks
It's still available on Wayback Machine...