PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Death of British Aviation
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2020, 11:04
Trossie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding all those failed predictions, I clearly remember the predictions decades ago that TV was going to cause the imminent collapse of the cinema. This horrible virus is having a terrible effect on all forms of theatre but once social mixing is safe again, I can see the 'sociability' side of all forms of theatre helping them to make a comeback - including cinema.

Many companies will find remote ways of working. However, I feel I can safely predict that when the first company puts someone on an aeroplane to meet a potential customer face-to-face and as a result of that personal contact walks away with a whole lot of contracts taken from those companies that had 'hovelled away' into their 'remote contact only because it is saving us money on air travel' policies, you will find a huge increase in business air travel.

People are going to get fed up with staring in isolation at their TV screens. They are going to want to get out and see sports matches for real again, go on holiday abroad again, meet family and friends again. And to do that they need to travel, small bits to start with like down to the local football club but soon after that will spread like going to the other side of the world to follow The Ashes live. It will come back, and with the frustration at being cooped up at home that I am hearing personally from so many people (more the youngsters than the old folk), expect it to come back with a vengeance! Brits like to travel and that will be good for British Aviation. (But I am not hearing anything here on the benefits that 'online buying' is already bring to British Aviation - how do 'things' get to places??)