PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Death of British Aviation
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2020, 09:08
Richard Dangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to go an live a sad little world of never leaving your own house carry on, for the rest of us we want to get back to normal.
I know times are tough, but why get personal? I made no subjective comment...just a simple observation with a very simple implied message. Progress bites the bottom of those that decry it. Increased online activity is an undeniable fact, Covid may or may not accelerate that dynamic...that's an arguable opinion. The effect it will have on air travel (specifically business travel) has yet to be determined. But one must be very heavily infected with a spectacular dose of cognitive bias to suggest that "its just a phase, don't worry it will pass". Progress tends not to work like that. Fair enough perhaps the retail example is too simplistic...how about the General who didn't like tanks because they scared horses??? Here's a link to loads of similar...knock yourself out

https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/wo...-c18654211375/

Incidentally, I'm 63, what I think of the future (of aviation or anything else) is of no consequence. The future belongs to people who are currently in school.