PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2020, 12:32
ATNotts

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by The96er
Yes, not everyone is as Coronaphobic as you are. When are the funerals for the 16 tragic victims ?? - oh wait...
I'm not sure whether comment is stupid, or just plain arrogant.

It's not the 16 people that have tested positive, it's the people who over the subsequent 5 days who they have associated with, possibly infected, and could possibly inadvertently put into hospital, or worse potentially in their boxes, and 6 feet under. Are they happy to "kill their granny"?

The passenger who was interviewed said that others weren't wearing masks, were wearing them around their chins and roaming around the cabin of the aircraft. Frankly, if that is a reflection on how TUI are carrying out their duty of care, not just to the passengers but to their employees one wonders whether they should be allowed to continue to operate. Sadly, I imagine that other airlines are taking a similarly lax attitude towards passengers who won't comply with what are very simple, straightforward regulations. The CAA perhaps needs to read the riot act to TUI in particular, and make all carriers aware that the rules aren't optional.

All that said, it's a little strange that the passenger who was on the BBC news today apparently hadn't raised concerns at the time, and took until a week after the event to speak up. I can only say that if I was on the aircraft I'd have pressed the call button and asked the crew to sort the "covidiots" out at the time, and the captain should probably have made it clear to all passengers that he would divert and have the offenders unceremoniously kicked off the flight.

I am by no means covid-phobic, but if people have decided to travel on public transport of any sort then it is their responsibility to comply with the rules of that means of transport, and the carrier's responsibility to ensure compliance by those who try to disregard the rules.