PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 31st Aug 2020, 01:31
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Glen, I’ve said this many times before. The Board does not make decisions except to hire and fire the CEO. They are guardians of the assets and decision making process, not the decisions. I don’t believe it’s Mr. Matthews role to make such decisions as you are seeking nor provide you with answers himself, let alone investigate the serious matters you’ve raised himself.

What he would normally do is pass the letter to CASA and ask for their advice they will investigate and provide the Board with an answer that will be sent to you.

Your request will probably be filtered down through CASA until it lands on the desk of whoever is responsible for inflicting things on you and they will write the Boards answer. In other words, expect a hostile response to your request. It will be written by the lower ranks of CASA and the Board is forced by precedent to accept it and probably tell you to eff off, although that might not be their personal opinion.

In my opinion, the only time the Board would get directly involved is if the administration had irretrievably broken down.

Best of luck.