PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK issued EASA licence after 31st Dec 2020
Old 30th Aug 2020, 14:19
Magpie32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selfin thank you for your very detailed response.

With me just getting my licence yesterday and Parcelforce depot closed today and tomorrow (bank holiday) the earliest I can send it away to Dublin is Tuesday (01/09).

I just emailed IAA to see whether an application landing through their postbox on 02/09 still gives enough time to be picked up by someone to be considered as received by 04/09. To my alarm the automatic response stated:The Irish Aviation Authority Headquarters Building including Personnel Licensing is closed until further notice due to COVID-19.

A service is continuing through remote working but some limitations apply. Please note that registered post may not be deliverable.

Now I knew the licensing department were all working from home however the whole building being shut and registered mail being undeliverable is another hurdle (express tracked mail is my only option at this late stage).
I further messaged to see whether they are accepting applications via email etc.

Does anyone know of any temporary measures put in place by IAA to receive paperwork etc?