PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 30th Aug 2020, 12:42
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Telfer,

So, you distrust AIPA because you believe their political lobbying is either futile or embarrassing? Perhaps it is, but we can discuss that on another thread if you like. But AIPA’s political lobbying has nothing to do with their ability to assist you with LHEA questions. I’m pretty sure they have enough staff to conduct futile and embarrassing lobbying while still retaining the capability to assist their members’ career enquires.

If you prefer to be your own bush-lawyer, that’s fine. But I note you are seeking legal advice on Pprune. So maybe, deep down inside, you have some doubts as to your legal interpretation of how the LHEA is applied.

You also feel that AIPA’s advice is worthless because at the end of the day, it won’t be them interpreting it, it will be Qantas. But here you are seeking advice here! So did you call Qantas? What did they say? Did you ask for it in writing?

Me shaking my head in bewilderment was about you seeking legal advice from an anonymous rumour forum, when there are lawyers at your disposal who are have qualifications and experience to help you with this, on the end of a telephone.

Unless, of course, you aren’t a member. Based on your last post, I suspect you are not.

That’s fine, you are not required to be, and it would be illegal for me or anyone else to pressure you to join.

But I am allowed to shake my head in bewilderment, and also caution you about taking anonymous advice from this forum. Not that any such advice has been forthcoming, I have noted. Maybe there is a reason for that.

I wish you the best in your deliberations. I hope I don’t come across as combative, I actually want to help you, and for you to make the best decision in your circumstances.

Regards, Fred