PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 30th Aug 2020, 11:52
Telfer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your response not so sure why you would be "shaking your head" in bewilderment

As I had previously stated why would a person use the AIPA as a reference authority ? They don't make the decisions and they don't sign the paychecks

When I last heard AIPA were rambling on about pilotkeeper & the Fed Govt making pilots some kind of special category, in my view wasting time on a looser

People should read 23.10 it specifically states years of pay status for people returning from medical terminations , the very brief CR para says nothing so the only
reasonable conclusion is that when you re-join you would be year 1 (as that is what happens when you join a company) on old scale if lucky, A350s ordered go direct to C scale .

You will probably get back at best 3 years after the lwop people & on half SO pay , not gonna take long to bust a seven figure loss

23.10 A pilot re-employed under this clause 23 will be paid the rate of pay appropriate to the
category in which he or she operates and the years of service as a pilot with the
Company (which will include the years of service accrued as a pilot with the Company
prior to medical termination). Upon re-employment, the applicable year of service under
clause 32 will be the year of service for which the pilot was paid prior to termination for
the purpose of the total hourly rate of pay for all purposes of this Agreement.