PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 30th Aug 2020, 01:05
Wingspar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Normie, I’m glad you are going to take one for the company. I’m just stating the facts. It’s not the local flying club, this is a business and I’ve seen too many times QF screwing employees.
Insist on what you are entitled to. Do you think TLS is taking one for you? Nah! He will get looked after.
The fact is, as AJ alluded to in the Bloomberg interview, Domestic is the profit driver and that is where the attention is in the short term.
International on the other hand has always been marginal even more so now. Especially since they’ve segmented the business over the years and now International is just a flying business. As he stated they will shut it down and stand everyone down for at least a year to save the International cash burn.
Their decision!
If he gets domestic running up to anywhere near precovid levels by June 30 next year that will be not just be cost neutral but most probably profitable especially with VA against the ropes.
International though as he said will only be profitable if all the jets are flying. So keep it shut down, in his words, for at least a year to reduce cash burn.
Are you happy to be stood down indefinitely while loyalty and freight are making money? Domestic hopefully will be making money in the medium term? While extra jets and jobs are going to Network?
Why are they wanting to reduce MGH when no ones flying? Because they know they can’t keep everyone stood down indefinitely.