PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer-2
Thread: BA Cityflyer-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2020, 11:36
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Jet Set Willie
The main problem now with DUS is the loss of Air Berlin as a one world partner. Like using DUB to go west, DUS was ideal for those near LCY or who hate LHR. You could check in in under 30 mins and going through DUS allowed connections to all over the world with minimum fuss. That loss has affected loads I would wager and that traffic now seemed to be passing through FRA pre-covid from what I could see.
I have to say I never saw a OneWorld connection offered through Dusseldorf, either on the BA website or through the independent Web ones. KLM, Lufthansa and (notably) Swiss seem to do them extensively from LCY, but it seems that fares from the UK are marketed by BA rather than OneWorld, who want you to use BA all the way.

In passing both Lufthansa and Swiss, when we have been travelling from LCY to Athens, St Petersburg, etc, have seemed to make every effort to get short connection passengers through and away, with special staff, ramp car transfers, etc, whereas BA at Heathrow leave you to your own devices, follow the signs, and general queues etc, and if you miss it - too bad.