PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 28th Aug 2020, 21:47
Ragnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre

but the border restrictions for people in states where they are strict are insanely popular, for workers outside of industries that rely on cross border movement. I spoken to many people outside of aviation recently (the majority of the public), and whilst they are quite sympathetic to those who are not working at the moment they are also quite supportive of restrictions, regardless of political leaning. The NT Government was just returned to power despite quarantine restrictions from the two largest cities that have adversely affected their large tourism industry. No government would go against such strong feeling on a major issue.

I think the ending of border restrictions will be more down to the ending of widespread community transmission in other states, and less sensationalist reporting of this issue in the media.

I'm not so sure, whilst I think numbers will come back after a period of time, don't forget passengers numbers dropped off when people got scared of the virus, before states closed borders. Opening borders will help with return to normal but the main return will come when the public is satisfied the risks have decreased.

I agree, people who don't have a link or directly affected by border closure want them kept closed. thats because they are not affected! I have close friends in WA that work in other industry they want it kept shut their reasoning is purely they don't want the virus as they think they will die because of whats going on in the nursing homes they have been scaremonger by their government. People need to be educated in how to manage this moving forward. NSW as I have said before are doing that, over two months ago everyone was saying we are headed for Victoria numbers we have achieved the goal of suppression. Eradication or two cycles or what ever other random requirements based on opinion these Premiers state will not happen in VIC NSW even QLD as has proved that already. NZ population size of Sydney prime example eradication will not work. I just hope this madness stops sooner as I do not want to be living in a third world country.

Passenger numbers did drop of a little where I am initially in March, but I think thats because of the unknown of the virus. Now they know about it and would return to reasonable capacity within a few months.

Regardless, this internal closure is similar to having the Berlin wall, we are supposed to be one country.