PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2020, 08:51
Stickshift3000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by currawong
"National and state security officers, police or health or emergency services workers responding to an emergency in Queensland (eg a paramedic driving an ambulance across the border to transport a patient with life threatening injuries) and maritime crew entering Queensland in accordance with the protocol for maritime crew are not required to complete the Queensland Border Declaration Pass."

https://www.qld.gov.au/border-pass/general

Show me a state premier that is not following the advice of that states chief health/ medical officer.
There are currently many knowledge gaps in this unfortunate story; I'm absolutely not downplaying the significance of this at all. How, and at what stage, was the quarantine exemption requested (prior to the emergency? Did NSW Health try and take the patient to Qld - why not? Did the patient go through the correct avenues (at the right time) to get taken to Brisbane? Simply asking some legitimate questions.

Hopefully this sad issue has shaken a bit of sense into the Qld premier - particularly after their disgraceful (and untrue) 'Qld hospitals are for our people only' comment. I hope that comment didn't influence the events that unfolded here.