PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corrosion corner FL and similar please
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2020, 18:10
tonytales

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While working for Eastern Air Lines in Miami I did get the opportunity to go down to Cockaroach Corner a few times. The Agro Air C-97 were very interesting. I asked how they managed to keep them flying with their R-4360 corncobs. Easy they said and then showed me a hangar filled with complrtr built-up QEC's If the engine gets troublesome, just change it.

Understand too that there were some CL=44's there too. The scrap rweckers cut the wing off the wrong one. Can't vouch for the veracity of that one.

I did do a repo on a DC10-40 operated by Jet 24. The aircraft had a failed engine and was grounded. They were on lease from Boeing who had accepted them from Northwest Airlines as trade-in for some Boeing product. Towed it down to my Contract Maintenence Service hangar near Le Juene Road. I posted a 24-hour guard as Boeing, who paid us for doing the repo and short time storage was afraid that the people behind Jet 24 might try aa midnight 2-engine ferry out. Such were the people and carriers operating from Southern Florida.

Last edited by tonytales; 28th Aug 2020 at 01:10. Reason: Removed some confusing wording