PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the best BOOKS/theoryplan for intrument rating? (EASA CB-IR)
Old 27th Aug 2020, 17:16
lavva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the best BOOKS/theoryplan for intrument rating? (EASA CB-IR)

Looking to expand my PPL(A) to instrument rating. No professional goal, just a GA pilot wanting IR, in Europe/EASA.

For the theory part, what are the recomended books today?
Maybe a set of ATPL books with a clear image of what is IR curriculum and what is not.

One big reason for asking is that there have been several cases of studets trying out for “only IR” and ended up with unclear or wrong image of what correct curriculum is. And then flunking exam. It also looks like curriculum is changing and those offering theory books/plans are changing their content every now and then. So what was used two years ago may be surpassed by newer material.

As this is no full time studying it will be module based, CB-IR. Also, not the special UK version IR(R), I don’t know that one.

This year we have been informed about the new Basic IR which will be “IR for GA pilots”. But not much is ready. I think it will be in fall of next year.

So, back to CB-IR and theory exam. What books will take me there in the best way?

Some schools have their own books and additional tools. In the end I assume it is the same exam question for all.

I know the PPLIR ORG site but am not a member.

Later my post will be about practical hours, but for a clean one-subject thread I leave that out.