PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 26th Aug 2020, 04:53
MelbourneFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 73qanda
I understand but I’d like to make a suggestion if you’re open to considering it;
Long term, that idea/attitude/mindset of ‘never forget’ will bring you slowly down. It will change your personality in a way that your loved ones won’t like and won’t achieve anything good. In the immediate future maybe indulge it a bit but be aware of when others are moving on and check that you are too, don’t surround yourself with others that also ‘never forget’. If you hold onto it long enough you become a bitter rambling irrelevant old fool. Seen it happen to an immediate family member who got into the habit of looking backwards instead of forward. So my suggestion is ‘ make sure that ‘ never forget’ doesn’t become a permanent mindset.’
All the best.
Very much agree. Go back to Nov 75 and Gough Whitlam's sacking and the "Maintain the rage" war cry. After a few years it just got tired and tiresome, while we should never forget what happened and ideally we should have changed made to ensure it never happens again, the fact that Whitlam lost the subsequent election and Fraser went on to win several elections and become one of the longer-serving PMs shows that Australia moved on while the 'ragers' became bitter and a record stuck in the same groove.