PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 24th Aug 2020, 11:02
Tucknroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
Another fearmonger here to post baseless nonsense for no reason other than get a reaction out of people.

They had the chance to do CR right from the start, they didn’t. They could’ve done CR instead of paying out substantially more in VR to more senior pilots, but it they didn’t. They’ve already announced any short term surplus within 2/3 years will be managed via stand downs, which they can do and are doing. The long term surplus beyond 3 years has been taken care of via the VR and early retirement or natural retirement.

They are looking toward the long term future and planning on keeping the most junior within the group seeing as they will around for the longest.
Baseless? No I don’t think so.

They offered VR because they have to it’s in the agreement, just like offering LWOP (which they have too). We all know it VR was a bad deal, the only ones who took it are either jack of the politics or were going to leave anyway. Early retirement even more so.

All the 747s have gone, 6 A380s won’t fly again, a bunch of A330s reaching end of life and no orders for the foreseeable future (I’m fact 787s not being delivered) and what, 190 pilots gone with VR?

Come on. We’ve got guys over 65 on stand down accruing leave. No one is leaving unless they get a payout. Hell I wouldn’t.

Have a look at the seniority list, how long are they going to carry the excess. It’s not fear mongering, CR is a better option than long term stand down for pilots. If you don’t want CR then do what the company want and take LWOP, a bunch already have. I’m a middle seniority S/O and I’d prefer to be paid out if they’re going to leave me hanging for years, at least then I’ve got money to stay afloat and do other things.