PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 24th Aug 2020, 08:03
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Meh, knock the early retirement offer back. 60 pilots on the LHEA aged north of 63 are still gone by 1 Jul 22. Going to accrue less in leave in that time than what is on offer and pay more in tax. Genius idea! Or cross your fingers and hope that the government largesse means you’ll be better off if Jobkeeper goes beyond September next year.

Xeptu, will Qantas attempt to cancel the award? I don’t know IR law at all so you’re getting a bush lawyer opinion here. I’d be surprised if it were as ‘easy’ as many make it out to be just to CR people out of seniority and so on. Given the lengths that Qantas has gone to in order to demonstrate to the market how well positioned they are to come out the other side of this, it’d take something very significant (like Qantas going into administration) for an EA cancellation to even be on the table. That’s so far into the future (north of 18 months) that I’m not going to invest too much energy in even considering it. Let’s re-visit that issue in 12 months time.