PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing publicises new name for 737 Max planes with new order
Old 23rd Aug 2020, 23:27
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Donald Trump came up with the genius idea of "rebranding the MAX and adding a lot of great features" quite a while ago. Looks like they've listened to him.

On a serious note, I don't think that many will deliberately avoid the MAX if it eventually rolls out. Personally I would be more than happy to fly on one, be it as a passenger or as a pilot - and most pax don't give a damn about what aircraft they are flying on as long as it doesn't look too shabby. A lot has been learned in the process and it is definitely the most heavily scrutinised transport aircraft these days. Having to protect Airbus in times of crisis, do you think that EASA will sign it off if even the slightest doubt exists with regards to its safety? I don't. So, as long as it gets regulatory approval (and as long as the COVID thing doesn't get really bad), I wouldn't be worried about the future of the MAX, however they name it.