PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Concern: Am I too old?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2020, 21:08
Border

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fareastdriver
Supply and demand. I retired from my UK company on an overseas operation. They needed pilots so I stayed on as contract for a year or so. A year later their domestic operation was short so I flew contract for another couple of years. Eighteen months later I went out to the overseas operation just as they wanted a pilot so I flew contract again with them until I was too old UK wise.

I went to Oz and got an Oz licence and flew on various Oz operations and then back to the original overseas operation and flew there on my Oz licence. The locals demanded that i get a national licence so I did at aged 67. Then my UK company pulled out so I flew with the national company until I was three months short of my 69th birthday.

I would have carried on with the Oz branch but I was diagnosed with prostate cancer so it came to a halt.

Please note that the prostate cancer has been overcome and I am clear.
You have just shown me Fareastdriver that age doesn't matter that much, my main concern is what will be my options if i complete my CPL, possible CFI work?, i want to be able to at least earn enough to cover the cost of my training or am i better going down fixed wing route?, to be honest, fixed wing doesn't have the same appeal to me as rotorwing does,