PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 23rd Aug 2020, 07:43
Xeptu

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts
Well lets throw open the hard questions for debate then. At no time have I suggested QF will go into receivership, in fact I'll go on record as saying that is highly unlikely.
I fail to see how I'm scaremongering, I have no vested interest either way, I hope the national carrier survives and I'm sure it will, but not what it was. It's in a better position than virgin and that good be it's saving grace.
I am on record as saying, do nothing with respect to decisions until jobkeeper ends.

I don't see airline demand being much greater that 50% domestically and 20% Internationally for the next 4 to 5 years, happy to debate that, but IMHO that's a reasonable forecast, given we haven't even started to recover from covid and there's still a couple of years of deep recession to weather yet.

Now put yourself in the CEO's position, optimism aside, what do you do with 50% of your staff you don't need for the next few years. Lets see which are viable solutions.