PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne stage 4 lockdown and GA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2020, 02:08
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Wait till you see the genetic data. Stick shift, the FACT that the melbourne outbreak is all of the same type indicates that it has crowded out other variants which, QED , means that its more infectious than other strains. I suspect it may be the same as the current Italian(I think) variant which is also top of the league ladder for infectious ness, although my original advice was that it’s our own Special variant..

if the fact that this virulent strain was responsible for all the Melbourne cases was discovered by the general public before the outbreak had been blunted, there was a risk that people would panic and try and leave Melbourne. There are not enough Police to stop a stampede like that. That’s why it’s only now that Dan will release the data.

‘’AndrewR, doubling times are not a measure of infectiouness because the social distancing precautions in place are part of that number.

To put that another way, I didn’t spin my initial post out of my backside. I’m not a virologist. Where do you think I got the data? It was a heads up to be @3&*ing careful of this bug, a warning which I passed on to you.