PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Helicopter Payscales in 2020
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2020, 06:56
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Non-PC Plod
Helimut, just my twopenny worth, but I think in the current climate £650 would be top-end. Its maybe what you could ask as a TRE. I think for freelance P1 jobs you are going to be fortunate if you get much over 500 plus expenses.

Thank you for the reply. Interesting that you say in the current climate. Helicopter usage would appear to be picking up again and remember, we aren’t commercial fixed wing pilots (well, not all of us) in a world of pain and layoffs and base closures. I’d say if there was a surplus of helicopter pilots available, with specific experience in certain roles, then maybe you then have to fight to get the best rate you can, but then, why drop your daily rate if it’s something you’ve been getting for some time? The other point with this is that if an owner/company can afford to own and run a helicopter, they can certainly afford the pilot too!!! Unfortunately you’d be hard pushed to know this as a fact sometimes.
To me, the top end should actually be way more. I know of guys on way more that £650 and yes the corporate world do tend to pay expenses.