PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The F-35 thread, Mk II
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2020, 17:54
Lonewolf_50

Received 394 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by ORAC
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...jets-z2bzfh3nm
Anger at Arab ‘deal’ for US fighter jets
Israeli euphoria at an agreement to establish diplomatic relations with the United Arab Emirates was replaced by anger yesterday after it was claimed that the Gulf state was close to signing a deal for US F-35 stealth fighter jets. Israeli hawks fear that the sale could end its military dominance in the Middle East.
The Israelis can get stuffed if there is real "anger" here - the US gets to sell to whomever we like - but I suspect that this report is a whole lot of noise and smoke and BS ... not to mention that it smells of the zero value added hyperbole that passes for journalism these days.

The IAF know this: it's the Indian, not the Arrow. (And I'd say that over the years, they've ably demonstrated that theory in practice).

Put differently, you could try to put me into a Formula One car, and in a race. You'd see no anger from Team McLaren, eh?
No matter how nice the car, it's the quality of the driver that makes a very big difference.

Plus: the F-35 does not exist in a vacuum. They operate as a part of a larger and complex system. Getting all of the moving parts to work well together takes a seriously professional military force.

Line to take on this "anger" assessment: a load of bollocks and hot air.