PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Italy threatens to ban Ryanair over alleged Covid-19 guideline violations
Old 19th Aug 2020, 16:06
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Outofthefray
Respectfully, not sure where you have been looking either Infrequent ?
I quoted directly from internet pages on official travel operator internet sites, that is where I have been looking.

I haven't personally left the house for over 5 months, I chose to "shield" some weeks before the doctors actually advised me that I was clinically extremely vulnerable, a decision that quite possibly saved my life, as my wife (in a high risk occupation) then brought it home, we think (no testing available at that time unless hospitalised). Because I was isolated from the rest of the family, I didn't get it, so I'm still here. I am not about to stop shielding either, despite the government "pausing" it, they did so on the bases that cases were going down on the very same day Boris stood up and said "we can't ignore the evidence that cases are going up". I'll trust my own assessment over one that contradicts the facts.

Anyway, the point is that various terrestrial transport operators are clearly stating that they are operating at reduced capacity due to regulations / guidelines, so aviation is not being singled out or treated differently. The fact that some operators may be ignoring the rules or guidelines and running full doesn't mean that those rules and guidelines don't exist. I'm sure there are Ryanairs on road and rail too (TFL...).