PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LABS system trials
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2020, 00:14
jimjim1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Isobel Tinson
Hi, over 10 years later I have also found this thread fascinating! I am the granddaughter of Flt Lt Charles Malcolm Pridmore, know as Malcolm. I am planning on visiting Luce Bay in the near future and this thread has be very useful. I believe at the time my Grandmother was told that it was an error made by the Flt Lt’s rather that a failure. There is also a possibility however this may just be something that was told to my mother by my grandmother to try to simplify a very horrible situation, my grandmother was pregnant at the time of the crash with my aunt and my mother was only 2/3 years old herself.

I found the truth out a few years ago via a book my father found (whom was not related to Malcolm but very interesting in the Army and RAF in general) but have never given it my own real research and it is been very interesting. Duggiemack you mention an accident report and I would like to find out more about it?!
I hope everyone is keeping safe and well in these hard times.
I just quoted this post since no posts whatsoever are showing in the Flight testing Forum. Maybe that's by design however it seems a bit harsh to hide posts only about 10 weeks old when the forum has so little traffic.