PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to HKG
Thread: Moving to HKG
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2020, 08:02
deja vu

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Green58
I'm currently a CA at a U.S. regional with 3000 TT, 700 Turbine PIC. I lived in Hong Kong when I was in high school and always liked the place. I still hold my HK Permanent Residency and wondering if there's any airline doing actual hiring right now in the region. With everything that's happening here, I'd like to leave my regional job and move to Asia. I saw Air Hong Kong is accepting applications but I heard they're not actually hiring. Obviously I'd love to work for Cathay but I'm not sure if they're hiring since they aren't doing too great with the low travel demand worldwide.

I appreciate any suggestions, ideas, comments, guidance, etc. Anything. I open to working in other countries too, so I really do appreciate any suggestions you have.

Thank you!
Sadly things change and I'm not sure that you would find HKG the same as you remember it, I certainly don't.
Obviously the comments here in response to your post demonstrate how things have changed. I'm not sure how bad things are in your current job, but it certainly is poison in HKG.