PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of arapa
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2020, 01:26
Porterboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by doolay
And once arapa is gone, what do you think will be next their next target? That's right, your beloved HKPA.
It amazes me the glee that some have over the demise of arapa without realizing the detrimental impact it will have on their own contracts in the future.
I was going to start as an SO earlier this year, but thanks to Covid, that was cancelled and I am now unemployed and looking to start from the bottom once again (likely chucking bags into aircraft in the bush). Despite this, I truly hope CX sticks to LIFO even if it means I won't be flying.. erm babysitting... a CX aircraft for a handful of years or more, for the exact reason you stated. The last thing I want is for all of the experience to leave the flightdeck and then to have my contract slashed during the next crisis. Although, COS18 means nothing anyways with all of the "at company's discretion," so maybe it would happen anyways. Anyhow, once you accept anything other than what the contract states, you've set the precedence for the company to do whatever they want as they please. Take short term concessions, but please don't take any permanent concessions.