PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Air NZ
Thread: Covid Air NZ
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2020, 23:10
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by DeltaT
It would be fantastic if people didn't need Ashley Bloomfield to tell them the minimum requirement, and could instead think for themselves and exceed that minimum standard, perhaps even before they were told what it is.
I trust you are not waiting on Mr Bloomfield to tell you to use wipes in the cockpit?

Interesting that change one crew member for another is seen as a solution.
​​​​​​
Air NZ management have been in frequent meetings with MOH for several months now and in several occasions had actually implemented procedures over and above what the MOH were advocating. In some instances, those procedures were than adopted by MOH into their official guidelines for all Air Crew.

You of course, won't find that in a stuff.co.nz article.

I have no idea who you fly for or what your beef is with Air NZ, but it would seem there are some members of the populace who won't be happy until all Airlines are grounded and their staff unemployed. It doesn't matter what the Airlines do, someone like yourself will come along, no doubt with a degree from the University of youtube, and say they should of done more.

Replacing a Crew member is not a mitigation for COVID 19, don't attempt to mince my words. Any Crew member who is not comfortable operating has been given the ability to opt-out under the circumstances.
So long as Aircraft are operating, Citizens allowed to return home and Global freight still being shipped, there is a Risk of COVID. That risk cannot be eliminated entirely. Either accept it, or take the day off work. Running to the media accomplishes nothing except to feed the panic and fear the Media so enjoy spreading.