PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 11th Aug 2020, 21:29
Ragnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
Is LWOP really an option. Years! is a long time, you won't be entitled to jobseeker and you have to survive a long and deep recession during that time. what are you going to do for income.
I agree how will everyone survive the recession, potentially the depression coming everyone squabbling over who should take VR or LWOP. If you are hanging on being back in the QF 73 or JQ 320 this year pinch yourself It will be years before our domestic aviation sector returns to any form of what it was in January this yr. It will be interesting to see how JQ handle the impending 320 dilemma with BN crew maintaining their currency, I guess ML crew will potentially be only ones flying come next yr. Everyone needs a realistic approach moving forward the only way out of this is a vaccine there will be no borders opening at all until NT just announcing VIC closed indefinitely NSW minimum 18 months, I have come to the realization in the last week that's how it is and I will be looking for stable work outside aviation before the additional 280,000 forecast by end of year join me. JQ are now sending EOI for rosters which is a good thing so we can get stable employment and not have to worry about doing sporadic rosters.
There are a few in phase three that potentially look promising, but, they could still be years away from approval for use in Australia. I am by no means a doomsday spreader but you have to be a realist now and the reality is what it is and that's a vaccine with actual research and testing not like that Russian Vodka injection.