PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2020, 23:04
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by True Blue
It does amuse me the rush to move to Lhr by certain airlines. Clearly the everyone else is doing it we better do it as well is well and truly alive at the top of many airlines. Follow the herd. You would think airlines would be managed by more intelligent people, but obviously not. I saw that RwandAir was to operate 1 service into Lhr, not Lgw. What difference will that make? China Airlines is making the move as well. If you want to fly to Tpe on CI, why would you use them because they are going from Lhr, not Lgw. I doubt they will be collecting many transfer pax. The same story applies to several other airlines, like some pax, a massive dose of snobbery at work.
Because EVA are at LHR and China Airlines know LHR as they used to fly there with A340s. There is also some limited feed available via Skytem partners at LHR, almost zero at LGW. So if there was no difference then they’d stay at LGW, but there is a yield problem at LGW and no one stays too long. Even Emirates offer some A380s with no F out of LGW. There are more Y and fewer F/C seats per aircraft at LGW.

Snobbery would be dropped sharpish if the numbers supported LGW.