PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another rant from the Bearded One
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2020, 10:50
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Reading between the lines

This is the problem with any book with a particular theme, you have to make your own judgement on when it is getting 'away' from hard facts.
Comparing previous well know 'personalities' with present day individuals is also a sure fire way to cloud the issue as their own histories have indeed now been laid bare by intense scrutiny and the power of computer research, and not confirm popular hype of the time.
To gain a true insight of any situation or individual requires proper research, not gained by a couple of books. A good read should be entertaining and contain hard facts together with the writers OWN SLANT on the situation which may vary with other opinions. When I read Wards original missive I considered it informative and not lacking in non pc comments about anything. However he also readily recalls some of his less memorable mistakes like crashing his car whilst U T I which at least seemed to be honest. A reader has to be his own 'filter' in any book and this sometimes is as much entertainment as the book itself. Every person has 'their moment' if they choose to share that with others they do so knowing the feedback can be quite withering. I am sure SW cares not a hoot about what is said one way or another which is in itself probably why his latest missive will be 'entertaining', I may well grab a copy when it comes up on ABE at a sensible price in a couple of years.