PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne stage 4 lockdown and GA
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2020, 14:38
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
Derfred, you are assuming the source and content of the information, if it arrives. I may have deliberately misled you.

However I stand by what I said. I’ve been told that the Melbourne strain is the most infectious on the planet.

I refer you to my posts of 8 March. People questioned them as well. I am simply reporting what I’m told.
Hi Sunfish. When you say “I may have deliberately misled you“, I am going to assume that you meant to say that you may have inadvertently misled me. Piecing your posts together, you mentioned an unnamed source who could not be identified lest they lose their job, and you also said you prefer to get your information from sources such as the Doherty Institute. I apologise if I connected the two and assumed that your source who may lose his job was actually a researcher involved with the Doherty Institute.

You haven’t denied that either, but you have backed away from it.

So now all you are left with is this:

”However I stand by what I said. I’ve been told that the Melbourne strain is the most infectious on the planet.”

Given that those who are paid to know more than the rest of us are currently insisting that that isn’t the case, who told you? I’m gathering it wasn’t someone from the Doherty Institute, so who was it? The Townsville refueller? (If so, I’m still listening! )

BTW, you made a much better prediction back in early Covid. I can’t remember the date, but you suggested that Australia completely close it’s international border for 2 weeks. You couldn’t have been more wise, except that it should have been a lot longer than 2 weeks. Such a suggestion was laughable to most at the time. Not so much now.

P.S. Maybe you did intend to “deliberately mislead me”. In which case you probably caught another fish. If so, well done, but please consider that a lot of us are going through serious difficulties right now, and psychological games are inappropriate.

Last edited by Derfred; 9th Aug 2020 at 14:53.