PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne stage 4 lockdown and GA
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2020, 13:03
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Derfred, you are assuming the source and content of the information, if it arrives. I may have deliberately misled you.

However I stand by what I said. I’ve been told that the Melbourne strain is the most infectious on the planet.

I refer you to my posts of 8 March. People questioned them as well. I am simply reporting what I’m told.

I had a briefing on Covid - 19 from the experts on Friday.

1. There are 10X more cases than reported, consequently the lethality is currently overstated.

2. There is no conspiracy/bio weapon/plot, the Chinese researchers have been open and honest.

3. Best protection is frequent hand washing and don’t touch your face, no shaking hands, etc.

Apparently, the detailed maths of the outbreak indicate that it was circulating in China in November and possibly as early as October, not as currently suggested by Chinese researchers December 1 for the index case.

In addition, the discovery that infected people, including children, can be almost asymptomatic is a factor. A case in point is Dr. Chris Higgins in Melbourne today.

Then there is the discovery that the current COvid-19 tests produce a high percentage of false negatives even with repeated testing.

This led researchers to believe there are 10X more cases than reported. This indicates that the CFR is much lower than the 3% being suggested. Epidemiologists have also made the observation that overestimates of CFR are common in the early stages of a pandemic so this is not a surprise to them.